Decrease Font Size
Increase Font Size
   BLOG

Execution of user code in the .NET Framework is disabled. Enable "clr enabled" configuration option.

I was working on the User Defined Data Types in SQL Server 2005 example from SQLServerCental.com and run in to the following errors:

Msg 6263, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

Problem: By default the CLR is disabled in SQL Server 2005. Below are some guidelines on how to enable it

1. Explore "SQL Server 2005/Configuration Tools/SQL Server Surface Area Configuration"

2. Select "Surface Area Configuration for Features"

3. Click on CLR Integration

4. Check the "Enable CLR Integration" Checkbox

OR (Tips and Tricks for:  SQL Server)

EXEC sp_configure 'show advanced options' , '1';
go
reconfigure;
go
EXEC sp_configure 'clr enabled' , '1'
go
reconfigure;
-- Turn advanced options back off
EXEC sp_configure 'show advanced options' , '0';
go

Comments (11) -

• baby halloween costumes

12/26/2009 4:24:25 AM |

Hey I am a new in this area. Your article came as a big help for me to understand the basics and the fundamentals. Would like to see more of such posts in the future.

• detox center

12/29/2009 4:43:22 PM |

Hey I really apreciate the time & effort you put in to write the article Admin. It gives extensive information about this topic. It would be really great if you could keep us posted about the latest updates in this topic. Thanks !

• SR 22

1/7/2010 11:28:33 AM |

Hey Admin, I would like to thank you because I had a debate over this topic yesterday and I used your post as a tool to prove my point. Great resource for pofessionals in this area of study.

• sell structured settlements

1/10/2010 12:57:01 PM |

Hi Admin, This is indeed a topic which has been ignored by many experts & professionals. You have done a great job by bringing this topic into light. I hope quality discussions follow this post. Great job.

• plant relocation California

1/11/2010 8:28:52 PM |

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free!! Admin I enjoy seeing websites that understand the value of providing a prime resource for free. I truly loved reading your post. Thanks!

• renantech

1/13/2010 7:08:36 PM |

Blogengine 1.6 improves lots of features and upgrade some old features and can protect from spammers and with highest firewall.

• Richard

2/10/2010 12:30:40 AM |

I love your blog

• Stephanie

3/2/2010 10:04:10 PM |

My day was kind of frazzled so I was looking for something interesting and this worked.

• Charlie

3/3/2010 12:07:10 AM |

• laptop

3/21/2010 7:38:24 PM |

How long have you been in this field? You seem to know a lot more than I do, I’d love to know your sources!

• flower delivery philippines

1/2/2011 4:10:23 AM |

I really liked your article. Keep up the good work.